Thursday, January 2, 2014

I May Fall by Jeff and Casey Lee Williams

I May Fall
There’s a day when all hearts will be broken,
When a shadow will cast out the light,
And our eyes cry a million tears:
Help won’t arrive.

There’s a day when all courage collapses,
And our friends turn and leave us behind.
Creatures of darkness will triumph:
The sun won’t rise.

When we've lost all hope,
And succumb to fear,
And the skies rain blood,
And the end draws near,

I may fall
But not like this: it won’t be by your hand.
I may fall
Not this place; not today.
I may fall
Bring it all: it's not enough to take me down.
I may fall

There’s a place where we’ll stand outnumbered;
Where the wolves and the soulless will rise.
In the time of our final moments,
Every dream dies.

There’s a place where our shields will lay shattered,
And the fear's all that's left in our hearts.
Our strength and our courage have run out:
We fall apart.

When we lose our faith
And forsake our friends;
When the moon is gone
And we've reached our ends,

I may fall

There’s a moment that changes a life when
We do something that no one else can.
And the path that we’ve taken will lead us:
One final stand.

There’s a moment we'll make a decision
Not to cower and crash on the ground.
The moment we face our worst demons:
Our courage found.

When we stand with friends,
And we won’t retreat,
As we stare down death,
Then the taste is sweet.

I may fall
But not like this: it won’t be by your hand.
I may fall
Not this place; not today.
I may fall
Bring it all: it's not enough to take me down.
I may fall
I may fall
I may fall
I may, I may fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment