Monday, October 1, 2012

Reading Reflection#4

Reading Reflection#4

Keeping the Moon
Sarah Dessen pg. 1-228
For this week’s book I read Keeping the Moon and the story that followed about a girl named Collie with her journey to find herself. In the beginning of the story all I could think was “wow Collie and I are similar in a few ways in how we’re trying to figure out who we are after a couple changes in our lives.”  Collie’s mom basically drops her off in Colby while she goes to Europe on tour for her weight loss program which changed both the lives of herself and Collie who lost 45 pounds. My initial reaction to this was how could she do it? And cool for sticking with it even after the weight was gone because I know it’s hard to eat better and exercise in today’s society and culture where it’s cheaper to eat bad then healthy. I really liked how Collie falls for Norman, an artist whose living with Collie’s aunt Mira and how both confess their darkest secrets to each other in the end. Most of my reading connections were T-S except for one which was T-W in comparing the weight loss and how hard it is in today’s culture to lose and keep the weight off when it’s expensive to eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment